Circles Coach Job Advertisement
Job Summary: Circles is a community based initiative that creates relationships across economic boundaries, matching people of low income with middle or upper income Allies. The primary role of the person in this position is to coach and support these relationships in order to help low income adults working on their action plans to become financially self-sufficient.
- Assist with recruiting and screening of possible Circle Leaders and Allies
- Conduct intake interviews and strengths-based assessments for all Circle Members
- Provide orientation for new Circle leaders, their families and Allies
- Work closely with the LBS co-ordinator in order to provide seamless orientation and transition to upgrading programs, employment programs, funding sources, for leaders and their families.
- Participate in the Circle match process, and help Allies understand their role and how they can assist the leader in reaching their goals.
- Plan, schedule and facilitate weekly meetings that focus on actualizing goals leading to financial self-sufficiency.
- Arrange childcare, transportation, meals and location of meetings.
- Complete leader progress reports and required programme reporting to the Circles Lead Agency Coordinator
- Completion of other duties as assigned
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Services or Human Services etc, or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write and speak passionately on ending poverty.
- Ability to stay relaxed in the face of other people=s distress.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (days, regular evenings)
- 2 Years’ experience working with low-income adults or those on social assistance.
If you are chosen for an interview you will need to be available for the following dates:
- Ability to participate in Bridges Out Of Poverty 5 hour workshop on September 25th, 2017 as part of the interview process.
- Ability to have a personal interview between September 26th and September 28th
- If chosen for the position, ability to go to Sarnia for paid training October 2nd, 3rd, 4th )
Hours per week: 24hrs per week @ $20/hr starting October 11th, 2017
Please send a cover letter and resume, post-dated no later than Monday September 18th, 2017 to:
Wellington County Learning Centre
P.O. Box 256, 207A George St.
Arthur, ON N0G 1A0